Our furry friends see what we’re eating, give us those puppy dog eyes and we just melt. However, there are many people-friendly foods that are not dog safe. Here’s a list of foods you shouldn’t share with Fido.
- These all contain Theobromine, a substance humans metabolize easily but can build up in a dog’s system leading to seizures, tremors, heart arrhythmia and even death.
- These all contain a compound (N-propyl disulfide) that leads to anemia by causing a breakdown of red blood cells.
- Xylitol is a sweetener that can be found in some peanut butters, sugar-free gum and other candies.
- Cooked Bones
- Cooked bones are more likely to splinter, causing GI upset and potential tears.
- Grapes and raisins have been linked to kidney damage, failure and even death in dogs.
- Yeast Dough
- If a dog ingests too much yeast dough, the dough can rise while in the GI tract and create a blockage.
While those puppy dog eyes are adorable, knowing what you can and cannot feed your dogs from your plate is essential in keeping them healthy and happy.